Thursday 26 January 2017

Olivier Giroud’s response when asked how Arsenal striker has improved

Olivier Giroud has expressed his delight at being able to score important late goals to help Arsenal remain on course in the Premier League title race.


The France international fell down the pecking order at the start of the 2016-17 Premier League season after Arsene Wenger opted to start with Alexis Sanchez in a centre-forward role this term. 

However, Giroud has managed to force his way into the Arsenal manager’s first-team after a series of vital late goals against Sunderland and Manchester United on the road.

The 28-year-old centre-forward started his first Premier League game of the season when he scored a late winner in a 1-0 victory over West Bromwich Albion before Giroud went on to find the back of the net in goals against Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Preston North End and Swansea City. 

Speaking to Arsenal’s website about his form in the current campaign, Giroud explained what has changed about his game this season. 

 “I’ve obviously improved myself since I signed for Arsenal, but I always try to be stronger [physically] and stronger in my head as well.

“It’s never easy to be injured and as I told you, to watch the game in front when you are injured and you can’t play is frustrating. That’s why I was so happy to come back on the pitch after these injuries.

“I’ve always tried to bring something to the team and I was very pleased to score important goals, especially in the final minutes. 

But as I’ve said before, we need to be stronger at the beginning of the games because I’m not going to score goals in the last minute every week!”

No comments:

Post a Comment