Monday 30 January 2017

Shkodran Mustafi determined to achieve Arsenal target


Shkodran Mustafi says he is determined to maintain his unbeaten record as an Arsenal player until the end of the 2016-17 season. 

The Germany international hasn’t lost a game since his move to Arsenal in a £35m deal from La Liga outfit Valencia in the summer transfer window.

Mustafi has established a promising partnership with France international Laurent Koscielny at centre-half in Arsene Wenger’s side.

The ex-Everton defender missed a number of games over the festive period as Arsenal suffered defeats on the road at Everton and Manchester City. 

Mustafi returned from his fitness setback in 2017 and Arsenal have remained unbeaten despite the prospect of losing at Bournemouth before three late goals rescued a 3-3 draw at the Vitality Stadium earlier this month.


Speaking to Sky Sports about his impressive record in the Arsenal side, Mustafi outlined his plans to preserve his unbeaten streak in Wenger’s line-up.

“I hope I can keep that statistic until the end of the season,” he said. 

“It’ll be difficult but for me personally but I just go from game to game and try to give the maximum and improve, then the results come,” 

Mustafi said. “When I lose I sometimes just don’t come home and stay at the hotel, because I don’t want to listen to all that. But I’m happier for the other people than me that I haven’t lost yet. 

“When I go into a game I’m not thinking about losing, I’m there because I want to win. If I do something I do it properly, I’m a footballer because I want to improve and win games, that’s why I’m sometimes difficult when I lose.”

No comments:

Post a Comment